What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Obviously you planer stand is on castors and you have the rubber mat in front of it. One, any prob getting it over the mat and two, do you have the planer hooked up to your dc system or rely on the fan of your 735 to discharge into a bag of sort? 

We only got an inch of snow, followed by maybe a few tenths of freezing rain, but now the temp is 33 and raining, so it's getting dissolved.  We planned for it. 

One reason I'm still driving a 21 year old truck is that our vehicles never go on the road when there is salt on them. I drove out to the highway Thursday, planning to go somewhere, but saw the lines of brine on the road, so I turned around and came back in.

We have two litters of puppies 8 weeks old today, so we've had plenty of entertainment.  We produced 43 puppies last year, and looks like this year will probably follow in the same footsteps.  This is their inside play area.  They're good entertainment for my almost 106 year old Mother, who also lives with us. 

After 8 at night, soon after my Mom goes to bed, the puppies get to run loose in the house with us.  Wheelchair wheels are too dangerous for the little ones. There hasn't been an accident on the floor since just before they were 6 weeks old.  After starting a batch of 15 last time, having only 6 is easy.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 4:00 PM, Mark J said:

Well I'm glad to hear it wasn't as bad as the meteorologists "wanted" it to be. 

@JohnG& @Tom King, 6" is still a lot for your neck of the woods.  What do you do with it, or does it just melt fast enough on its own?

I’m just planning to let it melt away, but we don’t have much that we need to leave the house for. My wife did pass on her shift tonight, but they had more staff on shift tonight than usual and the weather means not many people are walking through the ER doors. 

I did cut up a horse stall mat to make a soft blade to clear our road (not state maintained, half mile long) if it sticks around too long or if the neighbors have trouble getting out. We don’t get enough snow around here to justify a snow blade or blower.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 3:28 PM, Tom King said:

We only got an inch of snow, followed by maybe a few tenths of freezing rain, but now the temp is 33 and raining, so it's getting dissolved.  We planned for it. 

One reason I'm still driving a 21 year old truck is that our vehicles never go on the road when there is salt on them. I drove out to the highway Thursday, planning to go somewhere, but saw the lines of brine on the road, so I turned around and came back in.

We have two litters of puppies 8 weeks old today, so we've had plenty of entertainment.  We produced 43 puppies last year, and looks like this year will probably follow in the same footsteps.  This is their inside play area.  They're good entertainment for my almost 106 year old Mother, who also lives with us. 

After 8 at night, soon after my Mom goes to bed, the puppies get to run loose in the house with us.  Wheelchair wheels are too dangerous for the little ones. There hasn't been an accident on the floor since just before they were 6 weeks old.  After starting a batch of 15 last time, having only 6 is easy.

Wow I bet keeps you hopping! 

On 1/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Coop said:

These darn nationwide supply shortages are really affecting us. My snow blower has seen it’s last days and I can’t find one around here anywhere! 

I hear you mine is 28 years old and having issues. I have had one on order with Lowes since thanksgiving ;)

• Like 1

Not weather related but we’ve had a sofa on order since July and a cooktop since October. We were looking at 8mo for the oven we want but my wife found maybe the only place in the country that had a couple in stock so that’s actually in transit now. I don’t have much time to run a bigger circuit for the new oven (going from single to double). Might have to hire it out but we already spent more on the oven itself than we had planned to spend on all new kitchen appliances combined. 

• Like 2

I shoveled the walk this morning. Just straight slush. Very strange to have the temperature rise 10*+ over night.

Yesterday I got some work done on my TV Stand and helped a neighbor and his son on a pinewood derby car. His son didn't seem into at all to start, but he perked up and told his mom all the tools he got to use. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...