Hernia Surgery

47 minutes ago, wnaziri said:

Laparoscopic or open repair?

Ya know Wade i forgot to ask, it turns out the Dr. is a woodworker and a damn good one, we spent most of the office visit sharing pictures of wood stuff. He might have said but i forgot. 

5 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Maybe you will get some cute nurses . 

I haven't had much luck in that area Steve, at my age i'll settle for talented, but cute wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

34 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Hope the surgeons knife is sharp and clean

thanks Coop, i hope the knife is at least as sharp as the chisel i cut my thumb with!

6 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Ya know Wade i forgot to ask, it turns out the Dr. is a woodworker and a damn good one, we spent most of the office visit sharing pictures of wood stuff. He might have said but i forgot. 

That's a weird coinceidence, my Dr. is a woodworker to, and not a bad one either. In fact I'm expecting him to stop by this morning while your in surgery so I can take him and introduce him to a new sawyer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardA said:

That's a weird coinceidence, my Dr. is a woodworker to, and not a bad one either. In fact I'm expecting him to stop by this morning while your in surgery so I can take him and introduce him to a new sawyer.

What a coincidence.  I know of a surgeon who likes to get up early while on vacation, read WoodTalk, and comment on other woodworkers' hernia surgery.  :rolleyes:  Go figure!  There must be something about woodworking and surgery.

Had one done in 1986 - 7 staples to close the opening, a week of lying down, second week of slow moving - long recovery.  Had another one done 3 years ago - minimal entry, minimal recovery relative to the earlier one but still kept me down for most of a week.  No fun in either case but definitely better now than when I had the first one done.

Praying for you, Dave!

David

1 hour ago, wnaziri said:

What a coincidence.  I know of a surgeon who likes to get up early while on vacation, read WoodTalk, and comment on other woodworkers' hernia surgery.  :rolleyes:  Go figure!  There must be something about woodworking and surgery.

I think it has to do with the cutting edge technology we all deal with:ph34r:.