What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

On 7/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, Mick S said:

Yeah, I was ready to go around 5am but figured I'd better wait since it was my first time on the bike. It takes a little getting used to switching the modes and figuring out how each works with the different gears, when to use the throttle, etc. Loads of fun, though. And as much or as little exercise as you want.

I used to get sunrises and sun sets like this every day in western ND. I'm not sure if it's the trees or pollution here but they just aren't as spectacular. Thanks for sharing that image It's beautiful!

10 hours ago, Mick S said:

In the early part of the last century artists flocked to this area in no small part because of the sunrises and sunsets. The light is different here. Clear skies, high altitude, etc. 

Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams both did quite a bit of work together in the Santa Fe area. I believe specifically north of Santa Fe. These are just 2 i know of off the top of my head i'm sure there are a lot more.

I'm going to have to travel to that area some day. I've only ever traveled through the state.

12 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

See Drew? That degree was worth something, after all!  :D

The young guy on the right of that picture is 16. I talked with him about 2 year tech colleges. He had no idea that they were an option and that a lot of their graduates are in high demand. He was goign to skip college all together and follow his dad to become an operator. He mentioned that they never talk about 2 year degrees in school.... but only push 4 year degrees WTH!

I'll say that in my company, at least, current practice is to expect a 4-year degree or greater from anyone applying for a "leadership" position. I seriously doubt I would be hired if applying under the current ownership. At least, not to my current position, which is a relatively low-level engineering job. Even though when I originally joind the company, I held an technical certification that involved 1800 hours of training, and all the technical credits for a 2-year degree, plus 6 years of experience in the field.