What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Big job for today was changing the kitchen faucet.  The spout just fell off of the old one, that wasn't that old.  Worst part was having to make a trip to town, which is a half hour one way.

The new one was Really easy to install.  Risers were built onto the faucet.

That possum would cross the yard on the fence every night at the same time, within 15min. For months.

They stared at each other for a solid 5min without moving. Eventually the possum slowly turned around and resumed its nightly walk. 

• Like 1

Haven't seen a possum around here, only racoons.

Went to touch up some paint last night only to realize I don't have the right color. Went through all our paint cans a while ago and brought anything that wouldn't open or had gone bad to the dump. I did take pictures of everything so I can get the color again but I'm having a hard time finding them on my phone.

I got the cheap Chinese masonry saw assembled today, ready to cut the floor in the little bathroom house.  I was hoping I could use the old black poly waterline going down there, at least for a little while.  I've bought the PVC pipe to go down there back when prices had started to go up like crazy, but haven't trenched for that yet.

The old pipe has so many leaks in it that it makes the water meter spin like a turbine, but I decided not to put any time into trying to fix that. That job will wait until I can get the PVC piping down to it.

When I was trying to decide which saw to buy, I had first thought I'd go ahead and buy a Stihl, but looking at the lineup they have, I didn't want to reallys settle for less than their biggest one, and it would be close to 2 grand.  It would have been another gas motor to keep up too, and I really might not need it for much, so I decided to get a cheap one from Amazon.  Maybe it will last long enough to get this job done, and if it does, it will be cheaper than renting one, and going back and forth to get it and carry it back.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097Z79XZF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_detail

IMG_3909.jpg

• Like 1

i was going to cut the rest of the parts for the bandsaw and drill press mobile bases today.  I put the first piece in the bandsaw, and left it cutting while I was doing something else.  My makeshift supports aren't working so good, so I ordered a proper roller stand.   Another job on hold.

All my woodworking roller stands are too high.  Their minimum height is something like 27", and the bandsaw support for the piece being cut is 24".  A heavier one is needed anyway. 

I thought the bandsaw clamp would hold the short piece in place............

This is more money than I wanted to spend, but the only one low enough, and easily adjustable:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001LQXLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

IMG_3910.jpg

• Sad 2

On 4/24/2022 at 3:13 PM, Chestnut said:

I'm jealous, i want a tractor.... and logs.

Tractors are great fun! I got a lot more than was pictured, 20+ logs total. Oak, hickory, and sycamore. One of my neighbors has a couple more sycamore and oak trees he wants taken out, so I’ll get those as well. 

• Like 2