What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, ..Kev said:

That's awesome Bob!  Don't show my wife!  I'll be breaking out the lathe...lol

I have decided that quilters are worse than woodworkers when it comes to spending money.  Anybody that can spend 14k on sewing machine and not even blink, needs one of my screwdrivers, because they have a screw loose somewhere.;)

57 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Kev you can always just buy some from Bob.

Bob - How do you attached the screwdriver part? Are there screws in quilts? Doesn't sound too comfy...

I use super glue.  Apparently the screwdrivers that the companies supply with their very expensive machines are too long to use.  At least that is what my wife told me, I try very hard not to get to close to her machines, I am afraid it will break or something.  She is now talking about buying another one, a long arm something or other, starting at 21k.  :(

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

I have decided that quilters are worse than woodworkers when it comes to spending money.  Anybody that can spend 14k on sewing machine and not even blink, needs one of my screwdrivers, because they have a screw loose somewhere.;)

That is so correct!  You don't even want to hear the financials on my side!

2 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Well I ordered another block plane from LN. Have the small one, wanted the adjustable mouth one. So Christmas is early for me! :)

I have that one and absolutely love it.  Did some work around my church today, nothing too exciting. No shop time, but hoping to get back in there early this week.

22 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Finished them.  She added 6 stilettos and 6 needle boxes to the order.  She wanted them all by Jan 15th, but I know how this time of years usually sucks for me.  They will be delivered tomorrow and I don't have to fret about them over the holidays.  The wife wanted 3 Phillips and 3 smaller slot screwdrivers, finished those too.  Cherry, white wenge, curly maple, walnut, and sapele.

DSC_0660.JPG.3ecfb65c76161afb159f20231a4a3667.JPG

Did you hear @wdwerker‘s ears perk up when he read the word stilettos? :D

Fantastic job there Bob! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Garage was too cold so i finished butchering my deer in ghee shop.

What brand of deer do you have in Minnesota?  White tail, mule, black tail?  Never been through the state, I am curious.  Had 4 black tail avoiding hunters, in my front yard this morning.  I am forbidden by the boss to sneak one.  

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

What brand of deer do you have in Minnesota?  White tail, mule, black tail?  Never been through the state, I am curious.  Had 4 black tail avoiding hunters, in my front yard this morning.  I am forbidden by the boss to sneak one.  

I'm in the same boat - in city limits, and the deer know that, somehow.  "Townies" are all over the place, very visible, ignore us denizens, enjoy salads on our property and have even been on the back deck checking out the potted plants.  Two miles out of town, in the forest?  Good luck; you better know their path to a watering hole. 

1 hour ago, ..Kev said:

Washington has Muleys, White tail, and black tail..  Just depends on where you are.

Mule deer are the predominant species in Idaho, mostly in Southern and Central.  Northern Idaho I think is mostly White Tail.   The McCall area has some of both, but I think increasingly Mule Deer.

No black tail here.

9 hours ago, Just Bob said:

White tail, had mule deer in ND west of the missouri. Worked my butt off trying to get the one and the night after i shot it 10 went through my back yard. But i'm in the city so can't shoot those.

Ended up with about 30 lbs of meat. So a smaller doe but the stuff was so tender i could have cut it with a dull knife.

• Like 1

Chestnut, would a bow or crossbow be permitted in the city limits? Wild game is lower in fat and healthier than domestic critters. However, one hunter figured what it cost for a pound of venison and came to the conclusion it was cheaper to buy lobster and filet mignon.

Was at church two weeks ago and saw a big buck come out of the woods at the north edge of the property, cross the back of the property and go into the woods on the east side of the property. My wife came to join me and had the buck run across the road in front of her! Roadkill is free if you follow the rules to claim it!