Hijack!

Llama

I'm a bit North of you Spanky, but the reading outside my door say's 19* and a few flakes are falling.  Yeah, inside is the right place to be.   Hey if you know of anyone selling a small wood stove, let me know. I'm gonna use one in the shop.  The electric heat, is tearing a big hole in my wallet.  

My pickup said -31 on my way to work this morning. It was parked in the garage so it started fine.

I tried throwing water to see if it'd freeze before it hit the ground but it's not quite cold enough. It was dang close. I'll try again tomorrow morning it's supposed to be just as cold then.

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I supose it's too late to tell them it's not a very purdy table.

Yeah... it is certainly a big thing. I imagine I'm not the only one on here that is perhaps a little tired of the bury everything in resin craze. There are certainly some pieces I really like that are done with this technique, but many seem like fairly cheap knock offs of other people's ideas. 

4 minutes ago, drzaius said:

It really is a shame to put all those resources into a table that is already looking dated & if used at all will look really trashy a couple of years down the road. With age and use wood acquires an evolving beauty. Epoxy resin just starts to look like crap.

It also generally discolors/yellows with age, doesn't it? Works great for bar room tables where the yellow goes well with peanut shells, stale beer and a general sense of age, but not sure that it fits with a cutting edge corporate office. 

On 1/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, K Cooper said:

I received these today from TAYTOOLS.COM. 120 pk. Of 8mm x 50 mm for $19.99 thru Amazon. From Festool they ar3 100 pk. for $25. 

D5C3CFF2-9DD8-4A16-A8EC-93AD0AA92750.thumb.jpeg.159096b71de1e9658d11e95f861a7356.jpeg

I find that they are not quiet  as thick as the Festool. In the mortise I cut, I had to tap Festool’s in and I could push these in. Not sloppy, just not as snug. 

• Like 2