What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

17 hours ago, Chestnut said:

It's the line on the glass that the ice sins to when your drinking brandy.

I have heard of warming brandy a little but putting ice in it is new to me.  I think a little vanilla ice cream would work better. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chet said:

I have heard of warming brandy a little but putting ice in it is new to me.  I think a little vanilla ice cream would work better. ;)

It appears i have shown my inexperience in spirits.... i should have said rye whiskey... or scotch... the big question is why was brandy the first one that came to mind?

5 minutes ago, RichardA said:

To hard, tall shot's in rapid succession, then we shake hands.

Well that sounds like a somethin I can get behind.

I would have the same tradition, with my flowers, but someone always ends up caughing, and who wants to shake your hand when it's got your mouth all over it. Better to greet, then smoke.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tpt life said:

Snow (ice) day. This one was project free, enjoying family time. As temps look too low for our urban walk zones in the next week, I need to figure out which project to pick up and nibble on. 

I would go with the one that provides the most fun.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Well that sounds like a somethin I can get behind.

I would have the same tradition, with my flowers, but someone always ends up caughing, and who wants to shake your hand when it's got your mouth all over it. Better to greet, then smoke.

Check with Coop, and see if the tradition works.

6 hours ago, RichardA said:

I got to host for a short while, Mark J and his wife, and my House mouse Boo loved their little dog.  That's a sign that they are always welcome back.  I did however err on the side of good will and introduced them to Spanky.  Now they need to get hearing aids.  Spanky can talk your ears off.  Redneck style.   

We're in Tennessee for a few days.  Had a great day today visting Richard A and Spanky.  Rick and Ricky are a couple of great guys.  If you every get the chance to drop in on 'em you should take it!

• Like 1

I watched 2 high school kids carry 99 sheets of sheetrock into my basement before helping them tow their car out of my yard ;)

Apparently that's Menard's home delivery! Guy in truck unloads sheetrock in driveway and leaves while two kids carry it in the house. I had to call my son in law over with his F450 to get them out, when the kid tried to tip him my son in law was like no that's ok pulling you out was easier then helping my father in law carry all that sheet rock in :) 

All on one of the coldest days of the year so far LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I watched 2 high school kids carry 99 sheets of sheetrock into my basement before helping them tow their car out of my yard ;)

Apparently that's Menard's home delivery! Guy in truck unloads sheetrock in driveway and leaves while two kids carry it in the house. I had to call my son in law over with his F450 to get them out, when the kid tried to tip him my son in law was like no that's ok pulling you out was easier then helping my father in law carry all that sheet rock in :) 

All on one of the coldest days of the year so far LOL

Who you having do your rock work? I'm thinking about hiring out my garage.

1 minute ago, Chestnut said:

Who you having do your rock work? I'm thinking about hiring out my garage.

I'm hanging it hiring a local guy from my Trap League to tape it. I tried to get two guys to hang it both were no shows so gave up and ordered the rock from Menards. The trades must be really busy I had the same issue finding a plumber. a couple months back

14 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I'm hanging it hiring a local guy from my Trap League to tape it. I tried to get two guys to hang it both were no shows so gave up and ordered the rock from Menards. The trades must be really busy I had the same issue finding a plumber. a couple months back

Yeah must be part of that housing shortage, and labor shortage. I've had 5-6 new development reviews on my desk this fall alone. One they were going to split into phases and decided to just do the whole thing at once because the demand was there. That doesn't bode well for my garage getting done then...... man i really don't want to hang rock on ceilings 11.5' up.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:56 AM, Mark J said:

I just have a problem with putting ice in my brandy, but like he said, it's up to local codes.

At a nice restaurant in the Czech republic, I wondered out loud if Slivovitz (plumb brandy) should be served on ice.  I got depantsed for that question.

"Not usually" was the reply, "but for you, maybe yes."

2 hours ago, Pondhockey said:

At a nice restaurant in the Czech republic, I wondered out loud if Slivovitz (plumb brandy) should be served on ice.  I got depantsed for that question.

"Not usually" was the reply, "but for you, maybe yes."

When I was stationed in Germany, my wife and I were invited to a command staff awards dinner.  We were I of 3 enlisted couples at the thing.  It was all very formal until the commanding general ordered Slivovitz for the entire group.  It was served in a 2 shot glass with the plum.  After about the 3rd round, Slivovitz made the general's wife clothes fall off.  It was a fun night, with everybody sworn to secrecy, (you will end up in Siberia if you talk), the next day.

4 hours ago, Just Bob said:

When I was stationed in Germany, my wife and I were invited to a command staff awards dinner.  We were I of 3 enlisted couples at the thing.  It was all very formal until the commanding general ordered Slivovitz for the entire group.  It was served in a 2 shot glass with the plum.  After about the 3rd round, Slivovitz made the general's wife clothes fall off.  It was a fun night, with everybody sworn to secrecy, (you will end up in Siberia if you talk), the next day.

I guess when the Slivovitz comes out, someone gets depantsed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...